Comment on page
Installing Teams App
Installing Salembot is as easy as one, two, three [...and four; and five]!
- 1.Click the "App" button of Microsoft Teams to go to the App Store. It's towards the bottom left of the window.
- 2.Go to the search bar in the top banister of the second division of the window from the left side and type "Salem Cyber Analyst".
- 3.In the main partition [third from the left in the window], you should see an app with a title of the previous search entry.
- 4.Click the app to open the App Page.
- 5.In the newly formed sub-window, click the purple button with the text "Add". Salem is now successfully installed and can further be authenticated for proper use.
Authentication is a necessary step that only takes a few clicks.
- 1.Add Salem to a new chat by:
- Returning to the App Page from the previous step.
- Clicking the Open button which has replaced the App button.
- 2.If you are not already logged in there should be a card with a button offering the ability to log in. Click it to inform Salem you wish to log-in.
- 3.Follow the prompts on screen in a new window. Depending on the situation, the authentication may be automatic and not need input. If authentication was successful, you should acquire a thank you from the bot. Thank you!
Authentication for groups is just as simple.
- 1.First, create a new team by:
- Clicking the Teams Tab in the sidebar.
- Clicking the "Create or Join Team" button at the bottom of the updated divider.
- Then following on-screen prompts to create a team [this is in the primary division to the right of the previous], create a team with your desired settings.
- 2.Viewing the new team, click the double dots and continue to the "Manage Team" option in the drop-down.
- 3.Click on the Apps Tab in the main portion of the screen.
- 4.Click on "Get More Apps" in the upper left corner.
- 5.You should see an option to open the bot's App Page. If not, follow the prior steps [from the installation guide] to search for the bot and open the App Page. Otherwise, continue to open the App Page.
- 6.In the app view, there should be a drop-down next to the "Open" button. click that and further click "Add to Team".
- 7.Follow the on-screen prompt to select a team.
- 8.You will then be returned to a team with a new message from the bot asking to enable group notifications.
- 9.Select your desired choice. Salem will now be fully authenticated for group interaction!